Dean: DR. QUEENIE ANN L. CURAYAG
- College Goals
- Courses Offered
The College of Home Economics (CHE) was established in 1965 with the elevation of the former Mindanao Agricultural College to Central Mindanao University by virtue of RA 4498. In 1967, the curriculum was expanded to include two major fields of specialization: General Home Economics and H.E. Education. In 1970′s up to present, CHE is composed of two major departments: Home Economics Education and Family Life and Food Science and Nutrition. The department of Nutrition and Nutrition was formally created in 2009 per BOR No. 58, s. 2009. From one degree program in 1965: Bachelor of Science in Home Economics, the various departments of the College are now offering the following degree programs: Department of Home Economics and Family Life – BS Home Economics major in Home Economics Education; Department of Food Science – BS Home Economics major in Food Business Management with options in Food Service and Food Processing, BS Food Technology and BS Hotel and Restaurant Management; Department of Nutrition and Dietetics – BS Nutrition and Dietetics.
- produce highly qualified professionals in Home Economics and allied fields imbued with dignity, lofty ideals and high moral values;
- uplift the quality of Home Economics and allied fields to meet the growing demand for College trained and middle level manpower in the country both local and global; and
- promote entrepreneurial or self-employment opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition & Dietetics
- Bachelor of Science in Home Economics Major in:
- Home Economics Education (Elementary School Teaching Option)
- Food Business Management (Food Processing Option) / (Food Service Option)
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management