- Policies & Guidelines
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP) is a unit under the direct supervision of the Office of the Vice-President for the Academic Affairs, Central Mindanao University, Musuan Bukidnon. It is headed by a Director who will supervise student admissions, scholarships and placement. The functions are being carried out in accordance to the mandate of the university as stipulated in Republic act No. 4498 in 1965.
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP) is located at the ground floor of the Graduate School Building, Central Mindanao University, Musuan Bukidnon.
The OASP can be contacted through:
DR. DENIS A. TAN
OIC – Director
Office of Admissions, Scholarship and Placement
Central Mindanao University
email@example.com/ Mobile number 0917-710-3100
Or in any of the following:
The office aims to:
- Implement a viable and effective student recruitment program;
- Develop admission tests for secondary, tertiary and post graduate level students;
- Impose the qualification requirements of students admitted to the degree programs of CMU in order to sufficiently achieve the targets of the university;
- Assess new opportunities and interests for considerations in the recruitment program;
- Evaluate, monitor, and supervise the various scholarship programs in the tertiary and post graduate levels;
- Provide information, guidance and assistance on matters of recruitment, admissions and placement and;
- Coordinate with different academic units and help facilitate in the placement of graduates.
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP) serves for the following functions:
First, the office serves as implementing arm of the Admission Tests Board in the secondary, tertiary and graduate levels, for the recruitment, selection and admission of student applicants. The office is tasked to disseminate information, conduct information drive on admission and career talk, administer and release entrance examination result, process application for admission credentials, and utilize admissions through studies/ research.
Second, the office coordinates scholarships for various colleges for undergraduate and graduate students. It is tasked to disseminate scholarships provided by funding agencies that offer scholarships, process application credentials for the scholarship, monitor and evaluate the performance of scholars through research.
Third, it assists job placement of students. The office shall establish linkages with reputable agencies/ companies for purposes of providing assistance to graduating students in seeking jobs through job fairs. In addition, it will come up with a directory of graduates for dissemination to employing agencies/ companies. The office shall also keep records of employability of graduates.
As an office under the direct supervision of the Vice- President for Academic Affairs, this office is headed by a Director who supervises and coordinates with the Deans of Colleges namely College of Agriculture, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Forestry and Environmental Science, College of Human Ecology, College of Nursing, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
CMU College Admission Test Information Drive
Information Drive is conducted every year before the CMUCAT is administered. Members of the CMUCAT Board prepare the schedule and duly approved by the University President. The schedule is posted in the CMU Website.
CMU College Admission Test (CMUCAT)
- School ID
- Certification that the student is graduating from the school Guidance Counselor
- 2 pcs. 2×2 ID picture
- Testing Fee of Php 200.00
Schedule for examinations is prepared by the CMUCAT Board and approved by the University President and disseminated during the Information Drive. Application forms for the CMUCAT are given to testing centers during the information drive and can be obtained from OASP Office.
Notices of CMUCAT are mailed to the testing centers not later than 2nd week of February. The notices will include the basic requirements for admission and the enrolment date. The required documents include:
- CMUCAT Notice of Result
- Original Form 138 (High School Report Card)
- Photocopy of Parents’ Income Tax Return
- LCR Form 1A
- Four pcs. of 2×2 ID pictures (with collar)
- Certificate of good moral character
- Marriage Contract ( if married)
General Admission Policies
All students who have satisfied the quota requirements of the various degree programs of the different colleges based on their CMU College Admission Test ( CMUCAT) rating are eligible for admission to the university.
All entering first year, transferees, returnees, entering degree holders and foreign students must satisfy the admission requirements of the university namely:
For Entering First Year
- All the required documents stated in the notice of admission.
- Medical Certificate.
- A general weighted average (GWA) of at least 2.5 or its equivalent in all subjects taken from the students coming from ACAP/ PASUC member institutions and those recognized by an accrediting agency of the Federation of accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP). Students from non-accredited schools must have a general weighted average of 2.0 or better or its equivalent.
- CMU College Admission test (CMUCAT) results
- Honorable Dismissal
- Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of parent’s ITR
- Certificate of good moral character from the school
- Police Clearance
- 2 pcs. 2×2 ID picture (with collar)
- Certificate of good health
- New students’ orientation certificate
- Completion of at least 50% of total units required in the curriculum which he/ she intends to pursue.