College of Agriculture
The CMU-College of Agriculture started as the Mailag Industrial School (MIS) by virtue of Act 74 of the Philippine Commission at Mailag, Malaybalay, Bukidnon in 1910. Eight years later, it became Bukidnon Agricultural School (BAS).
In 1921, BAS was transferred to Managok, Malaybalay, Bukidnon. Two years later (1923), it became the Bukidnon Rural High School (BRHS), by virtue of Proclamation No. 30 of the Philippine Commission. Five years after (1928), the institution was renamed for the fourth time as the Bukidnon Agricultural High School (BAHS). In 1938, when Dr. Felipe Cevallos and Mr. Nicomedes Flores were the Superintendent and Principal, respectively, BAHS was renamed Bukidnon National Agricultural School (BNAS) by Act No. 313 of the Philippine Commonwealth. In 1944, its operations were halted due to the outbreak of World War II. Two years after (1946), BNAS was re-opened at its new site at Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon. In 1948, the teacher-education courses were introduced leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Education and Agricultural Homemaking.
In June 21, 1952 when Zosimo T. Montemayor was the President, BNAS nomenclature was changed to Mindanao Agricultural College (MAC) by virtue of R.A. No. 807. Almost 13 years later, when Dr. Amado Campos sat as the President, MAC became the Central Mindanao University (CMU) by virtue of R.A. No. 4498 in June 19, 1965. CMU’s name underwent seven changes throughout its institutional history. Being a State University, the various academic departments were elevated into colleges, with the Department of General Agriculture becoming the premier college of CMU. It is currently the College of Agriculture and continues to pioneer its way as the mother college of the university.
As a Center of Excellence in Agriculture Education, the CMU-CA has the following goals to achieve:
- Excellent and relevant instruction in the undergraduate degree programs;
- Quality and relevant researches for sustainable agricultural development;
- Promotion of appropriate technology for improved quality of life; and
- Development of highly trained human resources for agricultural entrepreneurship.
The CMU-CA has the following objectives:
- To offer excellent and relevant baccalaureate degree programs in agriculture, agribusiness management and development communication;
- To produce quality instructional materials relevant to its various degree programs;
- To inculcate moral values for total human development;
- To produce quality researches relevant to institutional, regional and national development goals;
- To package generated agricultural technologies for its various stakeholders;
- To promote relevant agricultural technologies for improved quality of life; and
- To produce quality graduates for agricultural entrepreneurship.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Animal Science
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Education:(Elementary & High School Option)
- Agricultural Extension
Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management Major in:
- Crop Enterprise
- Livestock Enterprise
Bachelor of Science in Development Communication