Dean: DR. CAROLINA D. AMPER
- College Goals
- College Objectives
- Courses Offered
The College of Agriculture is the premier college of Central Mindanao University. It has its origin in Mailag, Malaybalay, Bukidnon as the Mailag Industrial School (MIS) in 1910 as one of the settlement farm schools organized by the Americans. It offered only the first four grades of the elementary agriculture curriculum. The school was opened largely to address the necessity of training Bukidnon to teach in their own province since it is difficult to hire non-Bukidnon teachers to serve in newly-opened public schools.
It underwent seven name changes to fully reflect its aspirations and stay dynamic as an academic institution. It became Bukidnon Agricultural School (BAS) and was transferred to Managok, Malaybalay, Bukidnon in 1921. In 1923, it became Bukidnon Rural High School (BRHS) and in 1928, it was renamed the Bukidnon Agricultural High School (BAHS). In 1938, it became Bukidnon National Agricultural School (BNAS). Its operations were stopped due to the outbreak of war in 1944. However, in 1946, BNAS was re-opened and its present site in Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon.
On June 21, 1952, BNAS was changed to Mindanao Agricultural College (MAC) when Supt. Zosimo T. Montemayor was president.
On June 19, 1965, MAC became Central Mindanao University (CMU) by virtue of R.A 4498 when Dr. Amado C. Campos was the President. The various academic departments were then elevated into colleges. Hence, the Department of General Agriculture became the new College of Agriculture, the mother college of the University.
Its commitment to continuous improvement and be able to respond to the latest challenges, subjected itself for the external evaluation in 1995. It was evaluated by the Accreditation Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACUP). It was already granted Level III accreditation. Moreover, the CMU-CA was awarded the status “Center of Excellence” in Agriculture Education on November 14, 2001. It is title it still holds until now. Besides, it has always been amongst the top performing schools in the Licensure Examination in Agriculture (LEA) and produced topnotchers examinees. In the present the college ranked top 2 in the country in Agriculture Education and as National University Center for Agriculture (NUCA) in Region X. It is composed of ten departments, and offers market-driven non-degree programs in its 3 special short term courses, nine Doctorate programs, and eleven master’s degree program and also offers ladderized agriculture education program.
As a Center of Excellence in Agriculture Education, the CMU-CA has the following goals to achieve:
- Excellent and relevant instruction in the undergraduate degree programs;
- Quality and relevant researches for sustainable agricultural development;
- Promotion of appropriate technology for improved quality of life; and
- Development of highly trained human resources for agricultural entrepreneurship.
The CMU-CA has the following objectives:
- To offer excellent and relevant baccalaureate degree programs in agriculture, agribusiness management and development communication;
- To produce quality instructional materials relevant to its various degree programs;
- To inculcate moral values for total human development;
- To produce quality researches relevant to institutional, regional and national development goals;
- To package generated agricultural technologies for its various stakeholders;
- To promote relevant agricultural technologies for improved quality of life; and
- To produce quality graduates for agricultural entrepreneurship.
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture Major in:
- Animal Science
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Education:(Elementary & High School Option)
- Agricultural Extension
- Crop Enterprise
- Livestock Enterprise