Office Director: DR. NENITA I. PRADO
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP)
Located at the ground floor of the Graduate School Building, Central Mindanao University, Musuan Bukidnon.
The OASP can be contacted:
DR. NENITA I. PRADO
Office of Admissions, Scholarship and Placement
Central Mindanao University
email@example.com/ Mobile number 0917-548-5131
The office aims to:
- Implement a viable and effective student recruitment program;
- Develop admission tests for secondary, tertiary and post graduate level students;
- Impose the qualification requirements of students admitted to the degree programs of CMU in order to sufficiently achieve the targets of the university;
- Assess new opportunities and interests for considerations in the recruitment program;
- Evaluate, monitor, and supervise the various scholarship programs in the tertiary and post graduate levels;
- Provide information, guidance and assistance on matters of recruitment, admissions and placement and;
- Coordinate with different academic units and help facilitate in the placement of graduates.
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP) is a unit under the direct supervision of the Office of the Vice-President for the Academic Affairs, Central Mindanao University, Musuan Bukidnon. It is headed by a Director who will supervise student admissions, scholarships and placement. The functions are being carried out in accordance to the mandate of the university as stipulated in Republic act No. 4498 in 1965.
The Office of Admissions, Scholarships and Placement (OASP) serves for the following functions:
First, the office serves as implementing arm of the Admission Tests Board in the secondary, tertiary and graduate levels, for the recruitment, selection and admission of student applicants. The office is tasked to disseminate information, conduct information drive on admission and career talk, administer and release entrance examination result, process application for admission credentials, and utilize admissions through studies/ research.
Second, the office coordinates scholarships for various colleges for undergraduate and graduate students. It is tasked to disseminate scholarships provided by funding agencies that offer scholarships, process application credentials for the scholarship, monitor and evaluate the performance of scholars through research.
Third, it assists job placement of students. The office shall establish linkages with reputable agencies/ companies for purposes of providing assistance to graduating students in seeking jobs through job fairs. In addition, it will come up with a directory of graduates for dissemination to employing agencies/ companies. The office shall also keep records of employability of graduates.
As an office under the direct supervision of the Vice- President for Academic Affairs, this office is headed by a Director who supervises and coordinates with the Deans of Colleges namely College of Agriculture, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Forestry and Environmental Science, College of Human Ecology, College of Nursing, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.